The ingredients

The ingredients...


The Computer

For this project, I've chosen the base model Raspberry Pi 4 - Model B, which has the smallest amount of RAM of the current generation of Pi, but will still be sufficient enough. Other models of Pi will work - I chose the Pi 4 as it's the most up-to-date edition when I started this project.



Cost: $56.63 from element14

MicroSDXC Card

This is where we will store our operating system, tools, and various applications to be run on the Raspberry Pi. I'd strongly recommend at least 8 GB, but I've chosen a 64GB Sandisk Ultra as I felt it was the best value with decent read/write speeds (U1).



Note: MicroSDXC cards are just higher capacity MicroSD cards.

Cost: $21.98 from Officeworks


Other items
MCP2515
Logic Level Converter

This post will be updated as I purchase more items...

Comments